Tuesday 17 March 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge #43 Little Gem


Over at ASFOS this week the challenge is we would like to see you use Gem's on your cards. Well I had unfortunately not got my card completed for their wonderful sketch last week as my night shifts so rudely interuppted my crafting time! I had got as far as sorting my papers and layering them together but that was it, so I used it as my starting block this evening and chose my image 'Summer Ice Cream' Sugar Nellie and then decided it would make a good mothers day card for my MIL so chose the sentiment and then added the paper flowers and then added the pink gems to the flowers. The papers are MM cosmopolitan collection. I really loved this sketch and even added faux stitching, definately one to use again the hardest part for me was choosing the 3 different papers as I do sometimes still struggle to put pattern papers together, even when they come from the same collection! but I am pleased with how this one turned out. Please excuse what looks like lines in the paper at the bottom of the pick but I have used the flash on my camera and this is the reflection from the gloss painted surface I must try and remember to put a sheet of plain paper there before taking the pics in future! lol TFL

Well I now have 2 days of training ahead of me so I think it is probably best if I head off to bed but hopefully I will be able to fit in a bit of card making tomorrow evening (fingers crossed)

7 comments:

  1. I love this card I have yet to make any Mum day cards lol - Great colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jac,Thanks for playing along this week, hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. where's mine.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, love the gorgeous colour combo and papers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jac, do you ever stop creating great cards. I love this one. The papers work really well together and they are perfect for the image. Keep creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Jac, I really like your colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Great colour combo.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x