Wednesday 20 July 2011

Steampunk?

Well I keep hearing 'steampunk' being mentioned and had looked it up a couple of weeks ago which is just as well as while out shopping with Ria she said something about some jewellery being steampunk and I surprised her by knowing what it was!  Anyway I won some images from Tickled Pink so I decided to get the steampunk Lil Victorian Lilith (& Luca) and when I was checking out the challenges found that Try It On Tuesday had Steampunk for their challenge so decided it was time to give it a go.  LIlith is coloured with copics and a touch of stardust, my paper is Raspberry Road Designs - Artclass 100, I tried a little bit of machine sewing with my new £20 sewing machine!  It still didnt feel very steampunk so I found an old silver earring and altered the colour using meadow & currant alcohol inks then I decided to go all out and try using a coke can which I used a Nellies Nesting die to cut out then I lightly sanded it added drops of alcohol inks and swiped them around and finished it off by embossing it with the text embossing folder.  Added a couple of flowers and a button and it was finished - not sure if it is really steampunk will have to check with Ria tomorrow as she is away on a school trip tonight.  Like the effect of the can though.


I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:
OSAAT #71 ~ Flowers
Tuesday Throwdown #58 ~ Something metallic
Crafts and Me #44 ~ Add a flower
TFL

9 comments:

  1. oh what fab card .. i shied away from this challenge lol too chicken!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steampunk? I sure don't know. LOL Maybe I need to find out about that. Anyway, I love what you did with the coke can. Good job! So glad you joined the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool card, Like what you did with coke can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and image, Thank y ou for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. NIkki DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

    Hugs Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card, I am so glad I wasn't the only one that didn't know what Steampunk was lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card and fab image. wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card, thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT for our “Flowers” Challenge.

    Good luck with the draw, we hope to see you play along with us in August for our “Pretty in Print” contest. I have some yummy candy to Celebrate too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x