Tuesday 22 November 2011

Crafty Sentiments ~ Use some metal

This week over at Crafty Sentiments its Jo who is our host and the challenge is to use 'metal' which isn't as difiicult as it sounds at first, I mean there are brad, eyelets and charms for starters.  I used a brad but then I took it a bit further and looked around the room at what else I had that was metal and there sat in front of me was a coke can and yes I used it!  After washing it out and cutting it with an old craft knife and some kitchen scissors I had some small panels which I then run thru the Big Shot using a snowflake quikcutz die and hey presto I had me some shiny snowflakes but they looked a bit flat so I put them back thru the Big Shot in an embossing folder and now my snowflakes have texture too!  For my image this week I have used 'Warm Wishes' from the Primrose Winter collection which is available at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Store and I coloured her with my copics added some glitter to the snow and fluffy bits, matted the image onto some silver mirriboard then placed that on some deep red cs which I embossed with snowflakes, the ribbon and brad are from my stash.  For anyone not yet had a go at crafting with a coke can I can recommend it just be careful as the edges can be a bit on the sharp side.


So now its over to you, show us what metal you've got and don't forget to check out what the rest of the wonderful DT have been up to too.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Creations #144 ~ Recycle, recycle, recycle
Crafty Catz #109 ~ Snowflakes
TFL

7 comments:

  1. Fab card hun, love the coke can idea it looks great!
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the colours
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jac, love your recycling of the Coke can .. fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous.. i love those recycled coke can snowflakes!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute to boot image. Awesome colours. Great colouring. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Jac! Love the snowflakes. Thanks for joining in at Friday Sketch Challenges.
    Susan xxox
    http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x