Friday 25 November 2011

New stamps and a masculine card

Ok I treated myself to some new stamps on Tuesday while I was in Dorchester after a training session for work!  Its the new papermania Urban stamps I only got 2 of the 4 sets (for the time being!lol) at first I was a bit dissapointed when I inked them up as the ink didnt seem to hold to the rubber and I wasnt getting a good stamped impression then I remembered reading an article in the December issue of Papercraft Inspirations about conditioning your new rubber stamps which basically involves rubbing an eraser over the stamp before use, so I tried this and now they are stamping beautifully!  So I had some fun with them and the result is my card which is a bit vintagey and a bit steampunikish but all in all I really like it.  Ria likes it so much she is doing a version of it as a piture for a friend for christmas so will let you see her version when its finished.  Anyway on to my card I have used the stamps and papers from the DCWV Natural stack and my image is a digi stamp which is available at Crafty Sentiments Designs and is called (Jack) ~ Lets go out, and he is coloured with copics as is the little peeloff sentiment.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Stampin' ~ Birthday
Cupcake Crafts #169 ~ Teenage Boys
Creative Card Crew ~ Monochromatic
Fab 'n' Funky #100 ~ Happy Birthday
Crafts and Me #62 ~ Shabby Chic/vintage
TFL

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jac i love the cute image and papers. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jac, what a fab masculine card. Love the colours and vintage feel to it. I saw the same papermania stamps, but hesitated as I wasn't sure what I'd use them for - so great inspiration for me. Thanks for joining in with our birthday celebrations this week at Sweet Stampin. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for a guy Jac! :) Love the whole design

    thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jac this is gorgeous, I love how you did the background, it's fantastic. Thank you also for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great card, lovely colors and details.
    thanks for playing along at sketch saturday challenge.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the challenge over at cupcakes. Thanks for joining us this week and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great masculine card, the papers and image really go great together! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool teen boy card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jac, what a fantastic card. I love the image and it is perfect for those "difficult" males lol! Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining in with us at the Creative Card Crew Challenge. Male cards are always so difficult but you have done a fantastic job here!

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love ur art its creative n cool:]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x