Saturday 11 January 2014

A Work In Progress page 1

HI there, well today I decided I wanted to make something a little different, I had bought a pack of calendar tabs in preparation for making some easel calendars but circumstances did not allow me the time and then I remembered spotting a wonderful calendar while I was going round blogland but unfortunately I cannot remember where I saw it, so my apologies for not giving the person credit for this calendar but my thanks to them for the inspiration.  Now this is going to be a work in progress as I shall complete each month as my mojo allows and I'll share each page as it is completed, the final calendar will be in the shape of a star.  So here is the first page and it celebrates the Chinese New Year which this year actually starts on 31 January.  Now the year I was born the Chinese New Year actually started on the 30 January which is my actual birthday!  I digress!  I have used the gorgeous stamp 'Oriental' from the Lollipop Dreams collection which is available at Crafty Sentiments Designs, I have coloured her with spectrums and paper pieced her dress and then added yellow glitter pen .  The papers are some very old HOTP and I have finished off with some old gold peeloffs and some red brads.





















I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly ~ Anything Goes
LEJ Designs #85 ~ Anything Goes
Just Us Girls #223 ~ Technique ~ Paper Piecing

A Gem of a Challenge #110 ~ Something New (New Year)
TFL

11 comments:

  1. Great card! What a sweet little image. I love her pretty dress! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,lovely imageand papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great calendar page! Love the cute little lady with her paper pieced dress and the addition of the gold elements finishes this off beautifully. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uauuu,amazing calendar :)Ilove this image.
    Hugs,Urška

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Thank you for taking the time to enter over at LEJ Designs for our first monthly challenge, we do hope to see you joining in more of them.
    Cat LEJ Designs DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all love that image of the girl!!! What a fabulous project your taking on....good for you! Thanks for joining the girls and I over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great calendar page and some awesome piecing! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the oriental feel :)

    Thanks for joining in at Papertake Weekly :)

    Tanya GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you joined in with the LEJ Designs Challenge Blogs first monthly challenge. This months theme is a nice easy one 'anything goes'.

    What a lovely calendar page. The backing colour is really luxurious and works perfectly with the wonderfully coloured image.

    I hope you will visit us again and join in with many more of our future monthly challenges.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LEJ DT Organiser

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Jac! Her dress is the perfect thing to paper piece! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x